Sunday, February 13, 2011

No, I'm Really Not That Organized.

It never fails.  I talk about what I do - I'm a Reiki master teacher, have two jobs (mostly working at home), a boyfriend, and homeschool - and people are amazed.  "You must be really organized!"

Um.  No. Not at all. 

I can organize other people's stuff just fine.  It's mine that throws me into overload.  What saves my sanity is homeschooling. 

Once a day, I sit down for 15 minutes and plan the lessons I want to do for the following day.  Once a week, I think about what we need to get from the library.  We school (formally) for less than 2 hours a day.  Most of that is independent work time. 

Let's see - 15 minutes preparation, about an hour a day teaching.  2 hours a day, and we're done. (Ok - three if we go to the library and take our time.)

Homeschooling really isn't that hard.  In my experience, having had kids in both public school and homeschool, homeschool is much less stressful and takes up far less of my time.  And I've seen far better results than in government school. 

No,I'm not really that organized.  Let me tell ya - if I can do it, anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment