Sunday, March 18, 2012

Discovering the Joy of Reading

“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.”   ― C.S. Lewis

I love reading.  There is nothing more wonderful than a good book.  And I am excited to see that Mercedes has suddenly also found the joy of reading.  She's reading the Little House series (she calls it "The Little Books") and so I told her I would purchase them for her as she goes along.

The fun part is that I get to re-read them too!  I have always loved those books.

She's also got the Chronicles of Narnia, the Harry Potter series, the Borrowers, and several others that I loved as a child and still love as an adult.

We hate textbooks - what idiot thought it would be a good idea to give kids a chapter of a great book and call it good?  We read books.  Real books!

I am so excited to see the kids loving to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment