Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kicking things off

My sweet #1 Grandson
My grandson, Ryan, started kindergarten today.  He was so proud!  I am looking forward to seeing how well he does at school.  He isn't a very social boy, so I think school may be just the thing for him, at least for a while. 

I went over the expectations for the year with Mercedes and Jared.  We discussed "life skills" or "home ec" or whatever you want to call it.  I had Mercedes wash the sheets on her bed and put them back after they dried - she was so proud of her abilities to run the washer and dryer herself.  Part of "school" this year will be for them to plan and cook a meal once a month (each).  Hopefully I can keep them from making hugely fattening foods! 

Jared proudly finished his 1st grade math book today.  He refused to start on 2A until he was done with 1B.  Interesting!

Mercedes is going to be a handful.  I am having trouble getting her to focus. 

And the adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment