Monday, June 28, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mine's not doing so well. 

We live in a townhome with no back yard, just a concrete slab.  Barely enough room to grill on.  So I am trying (again) to grow a container garden.  

My herbs seem to be doing well - cilantro, parsley, sage, rosemary, basil, dill - and my tomatoes are doing OK,  but a caterpillar or two got into one of my lettuce containers and enjoyed some good salad.  The lettuces are not growing very fast. 

I had planted some garlic in a couple of containers, and the lettuce with garlic has been left alone.  I wonder if garlic helps keep bugs out of the garden?  If it does, then next year I'm planting tons of it.

One of my pepper pots is doing great.  I'm excited to see new peppers starting to come on, the cucumber is blooming, and the tomatoes are looking promising.  But my poor lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment